An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D Tobacco Free Campus
The Central Sterile Technician is responsible for the preparation of sterile supplies, instruments and equipment.
Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Prepares instruments and supplies through cleaning, packing, sterilizing and storing procedures .
- Understands principles of sterilization techniques and operates sterilization equipment.
- Assembles and sets up instruments trays for operating rooms.
- Assists in departmental cost containment efforts.
- Performs equipment distribution and routing cleaning and maintenance
- High school diploma or GED required.
- At least one year of sterilization and instrumentation experience required.
- BLS Certification (American Heart Association) required upon hire.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and lifting of 25 lbs.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom