At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide management of the engineering function of accountability.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide management of the engineering function with respect to station needs and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the performance and development of assigned engineering personnel relative to site and corporate objectives and provide focus on the attainment of high-quality engineering results.
- Directly and through subordinates, fulfill engineering and technical leadership accountability regarding short-term and long-term programs that impact site operations.
- Participate as in Business Planning, Budget, and Business Performance review regarding assigned staff.
- Participate as senior resource to NGG-wide programs and initiatives regarding standardized and enhanced engineering systems and processes.
- BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical degree
-10 years Professional - Level Engineering experience
-5 years Commercial Nuclear Power Plant experience
- FLS Selection Testing
- Professional Engineering Registration
- Advanced technical degree, MBA
- Accountable for assigned budget as well as staffing, development, compensation, and related human resource needs of assigned employees.
- Coordinate, monitor, and evaluate outside contractors as required.
Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
- Plant Engineering:
- Support development of complex troubleshooting plans in support of plant operations. Monitor, assess and improve the performance and reliability of plant systems and components. Utilize system indicators to monitor equipment performance or degradation. Identify and pursue material condition improvements, including predictive and performance centered maintenance optimization. Support engineering functions.
- Design Engineering:
- Defend the plant design and licensing basis. Preparation and approval of design outputs and plant changes in accordance with approved processes and design requirements. Support installation and testing of plant systems and components and facility changes. Ensure the plants physical and functional characteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents. Perform engineering analysis to support plant changes.
- Programs Engineering
- Monitor, enhance, and implement technical programs. Identify, schedule and oversee code and regulatory inspections per technical program requirements. Support field execution of programmatic inspections.
- Prepare required analysis and program documents to support inspection scopes.
- Engineering Services:
- Support development of engineering budgets, business planning and projects. Support configuration control of engineering records (calculations, design changes). Support engineering programs and functions. Support engineering department scheduling, equipment databases and corrective action program.
- Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on process computer and control systems, implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on protective relays and associated circuits. Implement improvements as required.
- Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on power instruments, implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on exciters and voltage regulator equipment, implement improvements as required. Perform Electrical Construction testing for modifications and new installations of electrical equipment and associated circuits.
- Provide technical expertise on troubleshooting electrical equipment.
- Provide technical expertise on maintaining, improving and troubleshooting generators, voltage regulators and motors.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster