This opening is with the Howmet Research Center, a division of Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com .
This position will lead efforts to develop and implement improved materials and optimized/simplified processes. The candidate will apply dispersion science and ceramic processing experience to solve raw material, slurry mixing, slurry stability, and resulting ceramic performance issues by identifying root causes and implementing innovative solutions. The candidate must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision, and as part of cross-functional teams, and will work with manufacturing personnel to implement material and process improvements.Basic Qualifications
- M.S in Ceramic Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of two years work or research experience related to ceramic formulation development, process engineering, dispersion/mixing,
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. "Green Card holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- PhD in Ceramic Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, or Colloidal Science.
- Strong analytical and data processing skills.
- 3+ years related experience as a post-doc and/or in industry.
- Experience with ceramic processing, and proven understanding of colloidal dispersions, ceramic raw materials/fabrication/processing.
- Experience in project development and management from idea creation to implementation with limited supervision.