This position will support manufacturing through process control and continuous improvement initiatives and maintenance. Assume responsibility for integrity of assigned product. Interact with internal and external customers to understand technical requirments and resolve issues. Document & prepare part specific work instructions, and maintain knowledge of job cost and develop/implement appropriate plans to improve profitability. Would also be responsible for process owenership of the monoshell operation. Provide program management for individual parts. Troubleshoot manufacturing problems & root cause analysis. Responsible for the dimensional integrity and cost performance of a portfolio of investment cast, superalloy, aerospace and power generation components.
- Develop new, and refine existing investment casting product to reduce scrap, rework, and manufacturing costs.
- Maintain customer relationships through joint resolution of issues.
- Maintain and improve casting scrap and rework.
- Improve casting profitability through cost reduction
- Achieve cost reduction through process improvements
- Develop and refine manufacturing work instruction
- Develop casting processes for new products.
- Assist sales department in quotation of new products.
- Achieve cost targets for development and production castings.
- Establish and achieve milestones for casting development.
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Monitoring and responding to metric trends
- Developing new control metrics as well as improving current metrics and their associated instructions
- Consulting and teaming with part specific engineers to find and fix the root causes of part quality issues
- Synthesis of process metric trends and part specific quality issue insights to target the purchase of new or upgraded equipment
- Partner with Purchasing, Facilities, and Accounting to develop the basic financial case for capital acquisitions
- Contribute cogent information and experience to the corporate Process Owner group with regard to best practices in manufacturing techniques, control metrics, analysis approaches and new equipment specification
- Other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Strong Analytical abilities
- Project Management experience
- Basic financial analysis competence
- Experience justifying, specifying, and sourcing manufacturing equipment
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.