Certified Surgical First Assist (Surgical Tech) Full Time Terre Haute Regional Hospital
is looking for Certified Surgical First Assist (Surgical Tech) for FT 36 hrs per weeks to work two 11a to 11:30p shifts plus one 7p to 7:30a shift per week with call to join our Trauma/Surgery department to work with our outstanding physicians and staff to provide excellent care to a wide array of patients requiring surgical intervention. Our 9-room OR offers surgical services for Trauma, Thoracic, Cardiac Services, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Spine, Urology, Gynecology, ENT and Ophthalmology. We are in currently designated as "In the Process" stage for achieving Level II Trauma Center certification and have been offering 24/7 Trauma/Surgical Services in July of 2015.
Candidates must live within 30 minutes of hospital to be able to respond to and fulfill call requirements!
Surgical Tech circulating and scrub experience preferred with major trauma center experience being a plus! Candidates must have completed a First Assist program with completion of testing for certification Surgical assistants graduate from surgical assisting programs accredited through ARC/STSA, a collaborative effort of AST, ACS, and SASA, by CAAHEP. CAAHEP is a recognized accreditation agency of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Certification is conferred by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA). BLS -Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider certification via the American Heart Association required upon hire. Terre Haute Regional Hospital
is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America.
We were recently named one of the nation's top performers on key quality measures by The Joint Commission and are an Accredited Chest Pain Center. Regional Hospital is an organization dedicated to its Mission, Values and Vision and is committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. Regional also recently received their 4th consecutive "A" rating for Hospital Safety Scores
by The Leapfrog Group. Terre Haute Regional Hospital looks forward to continuing to serve its friends and neighbors and growing with the community. We're more than a hospital, we're a family!
Regional Hospital offers a competitive salary, substantial educational assistance, generous Paid Time Off plan, a matching 401(k), excellent health, dental and vision coverage plus a professional, supportive and team oriented working atmosphere.Qualifications: Essential educational/licensure, skills and experience:
- Completed FA program with completion of testing for certification Surgical assistants graduate from surgical assisting programs accredited through ARC/STSA.
- Certification is conferred by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA). Initial certification as a Certified First Assistant (CSFA) Surgical Tech is based upon satisfactory performance on the national certifying examination following completion of an accredited program in surgical assisting or another pathway acceptable to the NBSTSA. CSFAs maintain their certification by earning 75 hours of approved continuing education in a four-year period or by successfully retaking the certifying examination at the conclusion of the four-year period.
- Demonstrate knowledge of surgical anatomy and physiology and surgical technique related to first assisting
- Competency in Intraoperative behaviors including handling tissue, providing instruments, suturing and controlling blood loss.
- Ability to recognize surgical hazards and initiate appropriate corrective and preventative actions.
- Perform individualized surgical care management before, during and after surgery.
- Understands and satisfies the needs of the patient population appropriate to the age of the patient served (adults, geriatric, adolescent, pediatric, and parents of neonates.)
- Certification: BLS must be maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom