Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is licensed for 382 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A. It receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world's first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital under Locations.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II is responsible for performing complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of diseases, analyzing and assuming accountability for accurate test results, maintenance of complicated instruments, and monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs specimen processing and testing, including moderate and high complexity testing.
2. Analyzes test results - demonstrates knowledge of pathological processes in correlation with disease states and test results.
3. Understands, performs, and practices preventive maintenance. Troubleshoots and takes corrective action. Demonstrates pro-active problem solving skills by taking appropriate action and knowing when to seek guidance to complete troubleshooting protocol.
4. Understands, performs, and practices quality control when running controls, evaluating data, documentation of data, and taking corrective action as required. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II communicates any relevant QC information to supervisor/lead tech.
5. Reviews, writes, or modifies departmental procedures or policies.
6. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II gains skills quickly, and completes competency checklists for this position. Assumes responsibility for own development through cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
Minimum Education and Experience:
A. High school diploma (or equivalent), with 15 years of clinical lab experience
B. Associates Degree with minimum 2 years experience in Clinical Lab setting.
C. Bachelor's Degree required with clinical lab experience preferred.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
One of the following certifications is required: MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT(AMT), MT(AAB), CLS(NCA), MT(HEW), CLT(NCA), MLT(ASCP), or
MLT(AMT) Certification is waived for those with 5 years of lab experience
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom