Palms West Hospital Certified Nursing Assistant, Telemetry (3 North) Full Time Nights 7P-7A
(0.9 FTE) Loxahatchee, FL Facility Description:
At Palms West Hospital, we're celebrating 27 years of excellence in healthcare. Our state-of-the-art, 204-bed facility offers top-quality care in every category from preventative programs to elective, major and emergency surgery. What truly differentiates Palms West from the rest, are our people, a team of dedicated healthcare professionals who understand that a hospital stay can be an especially trying period for a family and who do everything they can to make the experience less stressful. Palms West has established a position of medical leadership by listening to the needs of people in our community and responding with compassionate, quality health care and innovative new services that meet those needs.
Located on a spacious 94-acre campus in Palm Beach County, the surrounding areas are: Wellington, which is a community known for its abundant parks, quality schools, attractive neighborhoods and equestrian interests. Royal Palm Beach, is 10 miles west of the Atlantic Ocean and is located in the central part of Palm Beach County which is in the Southeastern part of the State. Loxahatchee located in Palm Beach County Florida is known for its large acreage parcels, new homes, and equestrian community
Palms West Hospital is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description
Working under the supervision of a nursing, the Patient Care Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Required Job Qualifications Include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments and assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans and changes bed linens
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program or currently enrolled in nursing program with completion of a nursing fundamentals course or certified as an EMT.
- Certification as a Nurse Assistant preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom