Sign On Bonus for qualified Certified Nurse Assistant CNA
For more information please inquire.
At Blake Medical Center, our mission is to provide exceptional care to every patient, every time. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our hospital has been offering a wide range of healthcare services to the community for over 40 years ranging from advanced heart procedures like Trans-catheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) to high quality Orthopedic and Spine surgery. Our Trauma Center has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons and our Burn Center (established in 2015) offers both inpatient and outpatient Burn Care Services.
Blake is a proud recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees' health. Our employees enjoy access to our campus' 24/7 Fitness Center, ongoing skill development, and frequent opportunities for advancement. An added advantage for our employees with children is "Happy Cubs", our day care facility that is located on-site.
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
• Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
• Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
• Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
• Assists patients in ambulating.
• Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
• Performs non sterile dressing changes.
• Passes and collects bed pans.
• Changes bed linens.
• Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.Qualifications:
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association required.
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program required.
- Florida Certification as a Nurse Assistant required.
- Previous hospital experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology required .
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.