Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), 4 East Part Time, Nights (Rotating Weekends) (.6) Palms West Hospital Loxahatchee, FL
Since 1986, Palms West Hospital has celebrated excellence in healthcare. Our state-of-the-art 204-bed facility, centrally located in Palm Beach County, offers top-quality care in every category from preventative programs to elective, major, and emergency surgeries. Palms West Hospital has a dedicated Pediatric ER and full-service Children's Hospital, offering dozens of pediatric healthcare services in one child-friendly place.
Palms West Hospital is located on a spacious 94-acre campus in Palm Beach County, just 12 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. The surrounding areas include Wellington, Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatchee. Wellington is known for its abundant parks, equestrian interests and quality schools. Money Magazine named Wellington as one of the "Best Places to Live" in 2016. Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatchee are known for their large acreage parcels, new homes, and equestrian community. Family Circle recognized Royal Palm Beach as one of the "Top 10 Best Towns for Families."
Palms West Hospital is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description :
Working under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, the Patient Care Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Required Job Qualifications Include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Assists patients in ambulating including transports, and position for exams and treatments.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program or currently enrolled in nursing program with completion of a nursing fundamentals course or certified as an EMT.
- Certification as a Nurse Assistant preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom