Equipped with the best healing practices, brightest medical teams and the most advanced medical technologies, Medical Center of Trinity, a new 290 bed, state-of-the-art, all private room hospital located on a 50-acre campus, serves the fast growing communities of Pasco, Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties. With a healthcare team that brings over 40 years in a clinical setting and a strong dedication to patient-centered care, our medical professionals are always encouraged to learn, grow and thrive in a supportive atmosphere that celebrates the commitment of our people.
The new tech-savvy hospital offers a variety of programs and services including Emergency Care, Heart & Vascular, Spine & Orthopedics, Cancer Care, and Women's Health & Obstetrics. The hospital is also an Accredited Chest Pain Center, has a Community Comprehensive Cancer Program and features a Blue Distinction Center for hip and knee replacement, as well as spine surgery.
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association required.
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program required.
- Florida Certification as a Nurse Assistant required.
- Previous hospital experience is required.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology required .
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.