Las Palmas Medical Center is a Level III Trauma, 186-private patient room, full service acute care hospital. Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading-edge technologies. Our Lifecare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location. We also house the region's only Kidney Transplant Center.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
To provide quality care to patients under the direction of the RN, LVN in a manner that supports the interdisciplinary plan of care of the patient and contributes to improved patient outcomes, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served Medical/surgical diagnosis including but not limited to orthopedic, neuro, renal, metabolic, pulmonary systems, spine care, joint replacement, fractures, CVA, soft tissue injury and those requiring isolation/precautions.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of basic patient care, to include activities of daily living, vital signs and intake and output.
2. Participates in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
3. Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors physicians and staff.
4. Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality
5. Organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and to the Registered Nurse.
6. Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Nursing Assistant Certification, BCLS certified.
High School or equivalency, Certification from a Nursing Assistant Certification Course.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Read and write Basic English.
Knowledge of body substance isolation.
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family internal and external partners needs.
Previous medical care experience preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom