Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida & Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services. In addition to being named among the Top 100 in the nation by Thomson Reuters, Doctors Hospital received the Everest Award for being both a 100 Top Hospital current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved hospitals on their five-year trend performance. DHoS has also been repeatedly named among the Top 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Becker's Hospital Review. At DHoS, we utilize complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications. In 2013, Doctors Hospital implemented our CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called "Advanced Clinicals".
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association required.
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program required.
- Florida Certification as a Nurse Assistant required.
- Previous hospital experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology required .
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.