See why our employee love working at Chippenham Hospital
As one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists. Trauma Stepdown Unit:
- 34 private rooms with bedside monitoring
- Level 2 Trauma
- Primary Stroke Certified
- Fast paced unit with great team work fostering a family friendly environment
- Multicultural staff with diverse patient population
- Flexible scheduling with unlimited learning opportunities
- Invested management team supportive of individual career development
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) will perform care under the direction of the unit Registered Nurse and Nursing Leadership Team. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide care to patients under the direction of a licensed nurse.
- Performs tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with customers and presents self in a professional manner.
- Documents required information according to established guidelines.
- Functions in an organized and efficient manner.
- Promotes financial responsibility.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and educational activities. Supports the goals and objective of the unit/department/organization.
Check us out and Like Us on Facebook! Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- High School Graduate or GED. Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant Program (required)
- Licensure by the Virginia State Board of Nursing (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- 1 year of experience as a Nursing Assistant in an acute care or long-term care facility (preferred)
- Current enrollment in a professional nurse education program (preferred)
- Full Time
- Day Shift
- 64 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom