Grand Strand Health is a multi-facility health system located on the coast of the Grand Strand community and has facilities throughout the Grand Strand to provide quality, convenient healthcare.
Grand Strand Medical Center is a 301-bed acute care hospital serving residents of Horry and surrounding counties. Our hospital offers the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) in Horry and Georgetown counties and is a designated Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center by South Carolina DHEC.
Our operating room staff provides excellent care for our patients during procedures.
• We currently have 12 ORs
• Of those 12, 2 are designated CVOR and 1 located on the second floor for C-Sections
• We provide surgical specialties such as general, vascular, neuro, orthopedics, GYN, ENT, urology, ortho-spine, pediatrics, dental, and any others relating to trauma.
• We also provide robotic surgery with our two DaVinci Robots the SI and XI.
• Designated Level 1 Adult Trauma Center and Level 2 Pediatric Trauma Center
• Our CVOR/open heart team is exhibiting tremendous growth by now providing state of the art procedures such as TAVRs (transcatheter aortic valve replacement and robotic CABG/lung procedures
The Certified Surgical Tech (CST)assists in Nursing Care and preparation of the surgical patient by performance of routine and delegated duties according to standards and policies of GSRMC, and the department of Surgical Services. Performs scrub duties and related procedures.
The Certified Surgical Tech (CST) assists in the maintenance of all supplies. Provides assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases.
The Certified Surgical Tech (CST) assists in preparation, transportation and supervision of patients.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Graduate of an Accredited School of Surgical Technology required.
Certified Surgical Technologist required.
Basic Life Support through American Heart Association is required upon hire.
Two (2) year recent OR experience preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom