Westside Regional Medical Center
Plantation, FL Facility Description:
We're always on the move. New technology. State-of-the art care. Campus improvements - including a $60 million Tower Expansion set to begin in 2017. You will find it is an exciting time at Westside Regional Medical Center, a 224-bed medical center and healthcare complex. Here, our 800 nurses and allied health professionals, along with 750 physicians, thrive in a fast-paced but friendly work environment. Our medical services, combined with programs in specialties varying from oncology to cardiology, from surgery to emergency care, illustrate why we are one of the best leading healthcare facilities in South Florida.
We offer our community a Chest Pain Center, Comprehensive/Primary Stroke Center, Robotic Surgery, Open Heart Surgery/Cardiovascular ICU, Orthopedic and Spine Institute, Biplane Neuro Interventional Suite.
Westside Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance
.Qualifications: Operational Duties:
- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with AST (Association of Surgical Technologist).
- Demonstrates basic knowledge and understanding of surgical procedures to enable proper performance of scrub duties and to anticipate the needs of the surgeon.
- Assists in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments.
- Assists with patient positioning, skin preparation, and surgical draping according to surgeon's protocol.
- Assists with application of dressing splints and casts.
- Ensures that surgical asepsis is maintained in the handling of instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings.
- Assists in the turnover of the O.R. suites between cases, disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and environmental surfaces, as required.
- Prepares procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available.
- Maintains confidentiality of records and patient information at all times.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program (preferred).
• One year experience in an operating room setting Certification/License:
• Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as required per facility practice and state regulatory requirement; otherwise preferred.