PharMEDium Services, LLC, an AmerisourceBergen Company, is a growing outsource compounding organization servicing hospitals nationwide.
Pharmacy Technician I STATUS:
Non-Exempt REPORTS TO:
Under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, compounds intravenous admixture solutions. Receives and stores incoming supplies; verifies stock and enters data to maintain inventory records. RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Prepares sterile intravenous admixture compounds under the direction for a registered pharmacist.
- Meet current standard operating procedures to ensure patient safety as the #1 priority
- Maintains inventory of supplies.
- Assembles, inspects and verifies production components.
- Verifies components and enters data in the computer.
- Accurately document daily tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have 2-3 years experience as a Pharmacy Technician, preferably in a hospital or manufacturing setting
- National Certification (CPhT) required.
- Must meet state registration requirements.
- Must have high school diploma or high school equivalency.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Assist the Pharmacist in all routine duties including order entry, labeling, quality control, reporting, and downloads.
- Answer incoming calls.
- Assist Pharmacist in system issues and order entry.
- Calculate and prepare monthly sales, margin and volume recaps for the pharmacy operations report.
- Perform other duties as requested by the pharmacist/pharmacy manager.
- May assist in distribution center as requested.
PharMEDium requires a candidate to meet the educational requirements of the applicable State Board(s) of Pharmacy PTCB certification.Excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as strong attention to detail, are necessary.MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Core Competencies: Build Quality Service:
Defines quality service and compliance based on customer needs, wants, expectations and profitability; aligns actions accordingly; remains sensitive and responsive to both internal and external customers; builds distinctive predictable levels of service; resolves problems quickly and effectively.Organize and Maintain Information:
Organizes, processes and maintains information in a systematic fashion.Take Initiative:
Assumes responsibility for necessary actions or problem resolution when accountability is not clear; appropriately initiates behavior on projects or other initiatives without requiring explicit management direction or guidance; knows when management involvement is required and seeks it out.Build and Sustain Relationships:
Establishes rapport with individuals; builds trust by dealing openly and honestly with all levels within the organization; uses effective communication and follow-through to sustain relationships.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.