FACILITY SUMMARY Las Palmas Medical Center is a Level III Trauma, 186-private patient room, full service acute care hospital. Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading-edge technologies. Our Lifecare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location. We also house the region's only Kidney Transplant Center. We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
To provide patient care under the direction of the RN, using the nursing process, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Las Palmas Medical Center.
Pre and intraoperative interventions, including but not limited to Cardiovascular/Thoracic, Neuro, GI, GU, GYN, Orthopedics, Neonates, Skeletal/muscular conditions and diseases etc.
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies needed for surgical cases.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork on the unit.
- Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of the patients' right to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Communicates and participates in patient care activities in direct conjunction with the Registered Nurse
High School diploma or equivalent LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
Certified Surgical Technologist. BCLS Certification. EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
S urgical technologist e xperience preferred. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
Ability to read and write basic English. Able to move in excess of 100 pounds with assistance form other staff. Knowledge of body substance isolation. Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs. Knowledge of basic anesthesia principles.