Las Palmas Medical Center is a Level III Trauma, 186-private patient room, full service acute care hospital. Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading-edge technologies. Our Lifecare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location. We also house the region's only Kidney Transplant Center.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
To provide patient care under the direction of the RN, using the nursing process, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Las Palmas Medical Center.
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Pre and intraoperative interventions, including but not limited to Cardiovascular/Thoracic, Neuro, GI, GU, GYN, Orthopedics, Neonates, Skeletal/muscular conditions and diseases etc.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies needed for surgical cases.
2. Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork on the unit.
3. Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
4. Demonstrates knowledge and respect of the patients right to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
5. Communicates and participates in patient care activities in direct conjunction with the Registered Nurse.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Professionalism: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance, opportunities for personal growth and ability to change.
2. Customer Service: Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers . Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs and practices.
3. Transcultural Sensitivity: Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
4. Risk Management/Patient/Customer Safety: Demonstrates patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
5. Educator: Identifies, implements, and/or evaluates opportunities for patient/family education.
6. Infection Control: Demonstrates infection control practices congruent with policies and procedures.
7. Performance Improvement: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities within the departmental level
8. Financial Accountability: Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and department efficiency
9. Information Management: Demonstrates adherence to information management policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
10. Communication: Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration
11. Practices Professionalism: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance.
12. Ethics/Compliance: Performs all duties ethically, complying with all policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws.
13. Environment of Care: Demonstrates accountability in role and responsibilities of the 7 Environment of Care plans.
14. Job Specific: Certified Surgical Technologist.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
High School diploma or equivalent
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
BCLS Certification Certified Surgical Technologist required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to read and write basic English.
Able to move in excess of 100 pounds with assistance form other staff.
Knowledge of body substance isolation
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
Knowledge of basic anesthesia principles.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom