Certified Tumor Registrar, Full Time- Day Shift Aventura Hospital & Medical Center Aventura, FL Facility Description:
Aventura Hospital is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care facility, providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we have invested $130 million in expanding and renovating the hospital. The new North Patient Tower features 243 private rooms with private baths, the newest technologically advanced patient care equipment, a 28 bed-Emergency Department, 2 new ICU units, the Surgical Services Suite with 10 new oversized operating rooms, a new Main Entrance and much more.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital is home to a community rich with diversity and world class infused culture. Our prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you'll be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description:
Responsible for assisting in the performance of all functions relating to an American College of Surgeons approved Cancer program including: identifying, coding and abstracting of cancer cases. All Tumor Registry functions including Multi-disciplinary Oncology references, Cancer Board, continuous quality improvement and the reporting of cancer data to the FCDS. Abstracts and codes clinical data using appropriate classification systems, maintains case findings, obtains long-term follow up data and analyzes health records according to standards.Qualifications: Job Qualifications:
- Active certification as a tumor registrar by the National Cancer Registrars Association (CTR), a registered Record Administrator (RAA) or Accredited Record Technician (ART) and five years experience in cancer management field is required.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations:
- Required: One (1) year experience in Cancer Registry, Medical Record service, or Oncology service experience.
- Certified Tumor Registrar.
- Desired: Two (2) or more years experience in Cancer Registry/Certified Tumor Registrar.
- Active Certification as Tumor Registrar by the National Cancer Registrars Association (CTR), A Registered Record Administrator (RA) or Accredited Record Technician (ART).
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Office machines (i.e., copier, fax, telephone)
- Computer terminal/personal computer
- American College of Surgeons Data Analysis Guidelines.
- Florida Cancer Data System Abstracting Requirements.
- Computerized Registry Systems - patients
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom