Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As part of the Corporate Affairs team, PayPal's Customer Experience & Technology Public Relations team is responsible for sharing the company's compelling story and educating stakeholder groups including merchants, consumers, media, influencers and analysts on how PayPal products can help them in their daily life as they manage and move money personally or professionally.
This role will support the Customer Experience & Technology PR team and is charged with managing foundational activities instrumental to the team's success, including preparation and coordination of communications plans and tactics for product launches and campaigns. This individual will join a dynamic team that operates in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will collaborate with other staff on a daily basis, including multiple team members across the Customer Experience & Technology PR team. Responsibilities to Include:
- Assist in the development and execution of strategic PR campaigns and product launches, including content, third-party research, images, demos, toolkits and recaps.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media and influencer contacts including journalists, bloggers and influencers spanning business, personal finance, retail, technology, B2B and consumer lifestyle verticals.
- Identify media opportunities and influencers that can extend our product story, highlighting specific consumer and merchant use cases our products solve for.
- Develop a wide-range of communications materials including messaging, press plans, blog posts, reactive statements, presentations, briefing materials and coverage reports.
- Support day-to-day media inquiries and briefings.
- Collaborate with the internal team and stakeholders, and agencies.
- Monitor marketplace activity and relevant industry news on an ongoing basis.
- 1+ year in-house or agency public relations/communications experience - strong project management skills desired.
- Strong organizational skills - can manage day-to-day tactics and drive projects to desired end-results within deadlines.
- Strong communications skills, including writing, verbal and editing.
- Relationships with business, consumer and technology media.
- Ability to help build/deliver communications programs that consider PayPal's strategic business priorities.
- A deep understanding of social media best practices, platforms and measurement. Previous experience working with social media measurement tools at or for an established global brand a plus.
- Attention to detail - even in fast-paced environments.
- A team player attitude with strong interpersonal skills who is also a collaborator - this position may with multiple departments and functions throughout PayPal.
- Ability to think creatively and generate recommendations for tactical problem solving.
- A passion for the PayPal brand and committed to our vision of democratizing the movement and management of money.
- A positive attitude.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Position to be based in Austin, Scottsdale or San Jose.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.