Do you have creativity to burn? Always on the leading edge of technology. Passion for helping others be great and contributing to an amazing team environment? The Commercial Growth Organization (CGO) in the Worldwide Commercial Business is looking for someone with fresh ideas and thinking to help lead our employee communications efforts for a rapidly growing team.
The marketing communications manager role will join the CGO Business Excellence Strategy team (BEST) and be responsible for bringing creativity to the table and creating compelling communications and experiences for our employees. We’re a diverse team covering all areas of the commercial business, based both in Redmond and around the world.
You’ll play a key role in impacting the employee experience and building culture in a transforming organization - identifying the business challenges, forming communications plans, and executing them in creative ways. We’re looking for someone with passion for the next generation of storytelling tools – from PowerPoint Translator and 3D, to social media, to new video sharing platforms. Help us tell stories and impact our commercial business.
• Create and execute strategic employee communications plans to support CGO priorities and initiatives.
• Help manage effective channels to reach teams across the organization.
• Develop visually impactful communications.
• Innovate – lead the way with new communication channels to connect with our employees. Help us bring the best communications tools in house and stay on top of what’s new.
• Be a collaboration rock star – build strong partnerships and have a thirst to learn about new areas of the business.
• Partner closely with the CGO Communications Director on communications strategy, large events and keynotes, and customer communications as appropriate.
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Experience in employee communication, marketing, public relations, journalism, or all the above.
• Passion for technology, industry trends, and an eye on “what’s next”.
• Demonstrated work examples showcasing impactful creative approaches, the art of storytelling and crisp writing
• An instinct to stay tuned in on the pulse of a team and a thirst for employee connection and building organizational culture.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex issues and deliver a “what’s in it for me” message to an employee audience.
• Strong organizational skills and examples of balancing competing projects and priorities.
• A customer-obsessed mindset.
• BA/BS in Journalism, English, Marketing, or Communications (or equivalent).
• 5+ years communications, marketing, or public relations experience.
• Exceptional creative storytelling examples.
• Team-first attitude.
• Executive/business maturity.
• High interpersonal awareness.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint. Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus.
• Ability to shoot and edit video and audio a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.