The Hartford is aggressively executing on a multi-year plan to accelerate our transformation to a culture of continuous improvement while enabling the execution of our strategy. The Hartford Way is The Hartford's own path to continuous improvement, providing employees with the tools and training to improve the customer experience, work more efficiently, and sustain improvements. Powered by Harvest, The Hartford Way integrates and embeds our enterprise capabilities - process excellence, coaching & feedback, decision effectiveness and accountability - to become how we operate.
The Change Agent is a visible role, leading/contributing to high impact continuous improvement initiatives in the business areas supported. This position enables our acceleration to a culture of continuous improvement, by driving adoption and proficiency of The Hartford Way in order to realize business outcomes and make our company work better:
Listening to the voice of our customers and business partners to deliver valued and consistent customer experiences
Creating customer value through end to end process excellence
Deploying management routines and tools that maximize individual and team performance, problem solving and innovation
Aligning our metrics and accountabilities to enable valued customer experiences and drive business and team outcomes
Coaching to shifts in mindsets and behaviors in order to enable breakthrough thinking, empowerment and local decision making
By developing proficiency in The Hartford Way, Change Agents will have the opportunity to sharpen their business acumen, demonstrate critical competencies valued in our organization and coach others.
Lead components on diagnostic and design efforts in a business/functional area; Coach teams through pilot and implementation
Drive the adoption of Continuous Improvement principles, systems and tools; Continue to leverage process ownership and end to end redesigns (Harvest Advanced work) as an integral part of our culture
Ensure business leaders and their teams have the necessary training and support to accelerate adoption of The Hartford Way and shift behaviors/mindsets
Facilitate, train, and coach team members in the use of The Hartford Way/Lean Management tools and methodology
Cultivate solutions that make The Hartford easier to do business with by delivering consistent exceptional experiences to customers and agents; Enable problem-solving and decision making at the frontline
Coach mid-level managers in key areas such as customer experience, process management, coaching/feedback, change management and execution of the continuous improvement management system
Identify opportunities to increase efficiency through Root Cause Problem Solving, improve performance and reduce costs through consistent management routines
Develop, socialize and utilize metrics that enable continuous improvement.
Coach leaders to manage resistance to change with confidence and support development of compelling stories to illustrate the need for change
Establish effective relationships with key stakeholders to influence change.
Develop and execute strategies to build and increase leadership support for change
Share best practices, coach and mentor less experienced members of the teamQualifications:
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Experience in business roles where change management is a vital component; Experience with managing complex, integrated business change projects
- Demonstrated track record of influencing and coaching leaders in order to drive outcomes and high performance
- Builds strong credible relationships quickly when partnering with business leaders.
- Very strong written or oral communication skills leading to the ability to influence at the frontline
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to see connections and systems across process; Strong project management orientation
- Demonstrable track record in managing and influencing improvement in unit(s).
- Strong communication skills; Able to creates effective and persuasive communication materials
- Clearly conveys technical and business concepts verbally and in writing; Ability to listen actively and facilitate in small group settings
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization. Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Create enthusiasm and drive engagement for process improvement and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent work experience required
- A minimum of 5 years in program, project management, process improvement and/or consulting experience in a complex environment and/or Prior leadership/people management. Consulting experience includes using facts and data to identify business problems and solutions, working with senior leaders to partner with stakeholders to execute on a program or initiative.
- Relevant training - Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Change Management, Decision Effectiveness, Coaching (GROW) & Feedback (STAR)
Positions are 100% dedicated to The Hartford Way for 4-6 month deployment. Most roles located in Hartford, CT.
Change Agents must be willing to travel. We will work to assign Change Agents to deployments in their home office location wherever possible; Extensive travel will be required with flexibility offered. What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
• Data Analysis-
Input, understand, analyze and act on data
• Business Owner Mindset-
Operate with keen business knowledge,
expense, risk & controls driven mindset
Influence through a consultative approach
• Customer Driven-
Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous
improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local
decision making for continuous improvement
• Growth & Development-
Maximize development of self and others What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **