Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with Technology to realize the full potential of Technology and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Firmwide Operations/ Change the Bank
Firmwide Operations includes Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO), Operations Risk and Regulatory Control, Global Project Group and Metrics, Branch Operations and Divisional Management. Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into ten core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines include: Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Client Data Management, Global Banking Services, Loans Servicing, Network Management, Payments (Wireless and Disbursements), Reconciliations, Settlements and Tax Operations. Operations Risk and Control ensure adequate controls are in place, through providing an integrated risk and control framework to govern, assess, mitigate and manage financial and operational risk in Operations. There are Change the Bank (CTB) teams associated with each Run The Bank (RTB) Operations functional teams across Firmwide Operations providing strategic planning and project management expertise.
As a result of recent market events, Pricing Data Operations (within SSBO) faces an unprecedented pace of regulatory and business change which is driving projects to improve the group's operating model, business processes and system capabilities, and we expect the pace of change to accelerate as the new regulatory environment evolves.
This demand has generated an urgent need to re-enforce change leadership, project management and business analysis capabilities in the Pricing operations projects team. The successful candidate will operate across multiple projects, performing a variety of functions and must be:
- An experienced team leader, accustomed to working closely with IT and Operations staff
- A skilled Business Analyst with a strong track record developing functional knowledge
- A strong proponent of project management principles
- Motivated and excited by a role with evolving priorities and objectives
- A good team player
Duties and Responsibilities:
The role is multi-faceted and requires the candidate to manage strategic Pricing Data Operations Change the Bank initiatives, support RTB data governance activities, and to oversee prioritization, with key stakeholders, of enhancement work required to ensure production stability.
- Leading a small CTB team in achieving Pricing CTB project objectives, in close partnership with RTB and IT partners.
- Providing project management oversight of Pricing CTB projects, including project planning and control, stakeholder management, status tracking and reporting, issue and risk management, and budget management.
- Leading detailed analysis with RTB staff, wider Ops groups and Business Units to document business requirements - including defining current and future states, business rules and reference data requirements, and reviewing business requirements documentation with stakeholders to ensure accuracy.
- Liaising with Technology colleagues to ensure that business requirements are clearly understood
- Acting as key contact for Technology colleagues to assist on query resolution during system design and build
- Preparing test strategy and approach, including drafting test plans, coordinating user acceptance testing and tracking metrics
- Coordinating and providing training for test users ahead of user acceptance testing, including producing training materials, as required.
- Planning, testing and controlling deployment and verification processes
- Producing user manuals and reference materials, as required
- Providing Input to production support of the deployed process/system, as required
Knowledge/ Skills Required:
- End of Day pricing knowledge, including vendor landscape, pricing methodologies and general understanding of regulatory environment around end of day marks (highly preferred)
- Evidenced understanding of pricing exception types (variance, cross vendor, internal marks to benchmarks) and the processing to correct/accept these differences (highly preferred)
- Understanding of position valuations based on end of day marks, enabling understanding of service level agreements (highly preferred)
- Awareness of market data vendors (Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Interactive Data Corporation, etc.)
- Strong project management skills, including project planning and control, stakeholder management, status tracking and reporting, issue and risk management, and budget management.
- Demonstrated Project and/or Software Delivery Management skills (including risk management, planning and control)
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated problem solving, business analysis skills and experience with testing coordination/execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to quickly digest new information and learn new businesses and processes
- Ability to think strategically and provide insight into how to improve existing business and technology processes.
- Ability to work well under time constraints and prioritize appropriately across multiple projects
- Strong/Advanced MS Office skills (including Visio, Excel, PowerPoint)
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.