Channel Account Manager - Harrisburg, PA Territory
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16000UOB
Dell’s NA Retail Sales Team is looking for a seasoned Channel Account Manager (CAM) for a North American based distribution company. This role will carry a quota focused on generating growth each quarter in Dell Small Business line of products. The CAM will build and implement a sales strategy to achieve these growth and profitability goals. The CAM works with the customers buying team, Dell Retail account teams, and closely with the distribution partner’s internal and external sales teams to drive all lines of Dell business, removing barriers, architecting solutions, and closing the sale. Takes a lead role on the sale to ensure that the Dell solutions are comprehensive, achieve customer goals, and provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Potential candidate must have a thorough understanding of and experience with Dell’s Small Business products and services, as well as, the North American retail, VAR and NSP electronics market.
- Must be willing to travel up to travel 50% of the time to customer sites to develop new relationships
- Responsible for developing, establishing, and on-going relationships between the company, strategic partners and customers
- Strong experience negotiating with senior management levels within customer base. Outside selling experience is required
- Expert level professional with complete understanding of Dell's product offerings
- Oversees the development of strategic business plans and marketing programs to support sales in designated market segments. Identifies and develops alliances and relationship programs designed to produce sales opportunities
- Analyzes market data to identify trends/opportunities, develops strategic direction from market information and creates compelling market analysis presentations
- Evaluates program trends and provides analysis and recommendations to management
- Works toward mutual goals and objectives to build awareness and support of overall strategic benefits of the alliance
- Monitors programs to assess the sales impact of the solution(s) in the marketplace and the overall success of the alliance
- 7 years of related sales experience
- 5 years of channel sales experience
- Outstanding communication, presentation and selling skills
- Proven sales track record and ability to drive successful results
- Bachelor's degree preferred
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
**Job:** **Outside Sales - Channel Account Management*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales*
**Title:** *Channel Account Manager - Harrisburg, PA Territory*
**Requisition ID:** *16000UOB*
**Other Locations:** *North America-US-Pennsylvania, North America-US-PA-Lancaster, North America-US-PA-Mechanicsburg*