Job Description: PRINCIPAL DUTIES
- Partnering with key and targeted customers to reach optimal sales levels.
- Recommends product solutions and links to customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage.
- Differentiates and leverages Johnson Controls product offerings from competitors based on the total benefit of doing business with Johnson Controls.
- Creates partnering opportunities with the principles responsible for the decision making process.
- Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns.
- Understands customer's business and speaks their language.
- Develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Manages ongoing sales process and responds to and anticipates customer needs.
- Involved in the development and execution of account sales.
- Responsible for meeting assigned product sales goals and objectives.
- Using Johnson Controls account management principles and Playbook with assigned accounts, conducts quarterly strategic account review sessions, Ensures that the customer fully understands and executes appropriate actions towards the co-developed sales plans to achieve the sales goals and objectives identified.
- Key stake holders (Owner, Branch Manager(s), outside/inside sales, counter manager and counter sales)
- Price and Margin management
- Store merchandising and maximizing of Johnson Controls product exposure, including counter days and promotional events
- Support of National Account events or annual meetings as defined by the customer
- Demand creation through joint calls on refrigeration and HVAC contractors
- Continuous training and education efforts, throughout organization.
- Understanding of who is new to a position, and engaging.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent sales and technical experience.
- Minimum of eight year's progressive, direct sales experience, preferably in the HVAC/Controls industry.
- Able to relate to people at all levels, communicating both on a technical and non-technical basis.
- MBA is preferred.
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses excellent presentation skills and proficiency at making one on one and group presentations.
- Able to travel a minimum of 50%.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.