• Partnering with key and targeted customers to reach optimal sales levels.
• Recommends product solutions and links to customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage.
• Differentiates and leverages Johnson Controls product offerings from competitors based on the total benefit of doing business with Johnson Controls.
• Creates partnering opportunities with the principles responsible for the decision making process.
• Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns.
• Understands customer's business and speaks their language.
• Develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
• Manages ongoing sales process and responds to and anticipates customer needs.
• Involved in the development and execution of account sales.
• Responsible for meeting assigned product sales goals and objectives.
• Using Johnson Controls account management principles and Playbook with assigned accounts, conducts quarterly strategic account review sessions, Ensures that the customer fully understands and executes appropriate actions towards the co-developed sales plans to achieve the sales goals and objectives identified.
• Key stake holders (Owner, Branch Manager(s), outside/inside sales, counter manager and counter sales)
• Price and Margin management
• Store merchandising and maximizing of Johnson Controls product exposure, including counter days and promotional events
• Support of National Account events or annual meetings as defined by the customer
• Demand creation through joint calls on refrigeration and HVAC contractors
• Continuous training and education efforts, throughout organization.
• Understanding of who is new to a position, and engaging.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent sales and technical experience.
• Minimum of eight year's progressive, direct sales experience, preferably in the HVAC/Controls industry.
• Able to relate to people at all levels, communicating both on a technical and non-technical basis.
• MBA is preferred.
• Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Possesses excellent presentation skills and proficiency at making one on one and group presentations.
• Able to travel a minimum of 50%.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.