Under general direction from the Director of Sales OEM & National Accounts, the OEM Channel Account Manager, will function as a selling resource and provide sales and technical leadership in the development and growth of our solutions to OEM clients and prospects. You will be responsible for enhancing JCI's value proposition by providing solutions and product knowledge expertise in our OEM channel. Primary responsibilities include understanding and assessing the customer's business objectives and determining solutions that support those objectives. In addition, you will serve as a primary resource for business and relationship development, communicating new product/service opportunities and developments, control applications, training, and account maintenance. Operates with the highest business ethics.
External/Internal Relationships: The Account Manager is responsible for delivering the products revenue and margin plans for OEM channel accounts. In their role, the Account Manager will need to establish and sustain important internal/external relationships in the following ways:
• Selling and servicing key executives within their assigned accounts to drive product revenue and margin results.
• Provides customer support on JCI's entire OEM line card.
• Works with their sales leadership to develop annual volume and growth objectives for assigned accounts.
• Manage OEM account(s) in conjunction with Sales leadership.
• Works with Product Management and Engineering organization to provide feedback for product and feature enhancements and customer requirements.
• Establish and sustain relationships within Johnson Controls to include the following internal teams:
• Inside Sales
• Customer Service
• Price Administration
• Product Management
• Marketing Communication
• Partnering with key and targeted customers to reach optimal sales levels.
• Recommends product solutions that link to customer objectives for a total value solution and competitive advantage.
• Differentiates and leverages Johnson Controls product offerings from competitors based on the total benefit of doing business with Johnson Controls.
• Creates partnering opportunities with the principles responsible for the decision making process.
• Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns.
• Understands customer's business and speak their language.
• Develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
• Manages ongoing sales process and responds to and anticipates customer needs.
• Involved in the development and execution of account sales.
• Responsible for meeting assigned product sales goals and objectives.
• Using Johnson Controls account management principles and Playbook with assigned accounts, conducts quarterly strategic account review sessions.
• Price and margin management.
• Be the expert at the table for equipment, systems and applications knowledge.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent sales and technical experience. Minimum of 2 years progressive, direct sales experience, preferably in the HVAC/R and Controls industry. Able to relate to people at all levels, communicating both on a technical and non-technical basis. Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Possesses excellent presentation skills and proficiency at making one on one and group presentations. Able to travel a minimum of 50%.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.