Role: Cloud Channel Sales Specialist
Job Description: The Cloud Channel Sales Specialist will be responsible for selling cloud services into the SMB and Mid-Market Segment. This is a new sales position and the ISR will be onsite at CDW in Chicago focused on selling to Oracle/CDW's SMB Customers. CDW and Oracle together are very excited about the opportunity ahead. CDW is one of Oracle's largest partners and we envision significant growth together with our joint cloud initiative and other strategic solutions in software and hardware . A typical day involves speaking with many customers considering purchasing Oracle products and solutions along with creating demand with CDWs current and prospective customers. The Channel Sales Specialist is held accountable to building pipeline, training and enabling the partner along with closing sales opportunities (ie. revenue). We're looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics and great communication skills.
• This position will be located in CDW's sales center
• Revenue: Responsible for driving Oracle cloud revenue through CDW and their customers
• Account Planning: Responsible for working with CDW's selling team on account planning, go to market strategy, and facilitating partnering efforts of Oracle Direct selling team where appropriate
• Enablement: Provide training and awareness around Oracle's Solutions specific to the SMB & Mid-Market
• Opportunities: Transactional focus combined with the ability to manage complex deals and ULAs
• Learns the full range of Oracle technology and is able to identify how these solutions and services align to SMB & Mid-Market customer needs
• Explains technical, industry, and market facts to position Oracle as a competitive solution
• Cooperates and collaborates with colleagues, cross-functionally, to support the sales process
• Regular coaching/mentoring required
• Frequent contact with manager
• Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask
• An unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with ambiguity are a must
• Applicants need to be comfortable working with others and in a team environment
• Must be open to receiving constructive criticism (feedback) and applying and integrating the feedback in an effort to improve their results
• Demonstrates good judgment in analyzing information to make routine decisions
• 1-3 years software, cloud or enterprise hardware selling a plus
• Must have strong understanding of working directly with partners
• Strong demonstrated expertise in creating, executing on, and driving solutions
• Proven ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches, marketing
Achieve regional indirect revenue targets. Proactively manage sales or Oracle's technology products through resellers. Develop and manage Partner coverage maps in each sales territory via the telephone.
Increase indirect sales by identifying and integrating "product/solution" specific partners with regional sales teams to achieve sales targets per product category. Drive, convert and manage through close new partner-generated opportunities. Accurately forecast indirect incremental and non-incremental regional business. Implement channel strategy to ensure minimal transaction slippage at quarter close.
Job duties are varied and complex needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Five years experience in software industry sales. Channel development or management experience, along with strong networking and partnering skills preferred. B.S. in computer science, computer engineering, or similar background. Strong interpersonal skills and proficient writing skills.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.