Chaplain/Pastor - PRN
At Comfort Hospice, our mission is for each employee to treat every patient as their own treasured loved one, providing care that affords a quality of life that outweighs quantity of days, and supports caregivers as their hearts find healing.
Our program ensures that our patients will spend the final days of their journey in comfort and with dignity. If you are caring, compassionate and have a true desire to help others, becoming a member of the Comfort Hospice team may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Some of the benefits and advantages of working with Comfort Hospice Include:
- Comfort Hospice is CHAP accredited and we are Members of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- We invest in our employees' career development and growth.
- Comprehensive orientation programs for new hires
- Leadership Academy meetings held off-site regularly for continuous development of our site leadership team members (Office Manager, CS, DCS, and Administrator).
- Comfort offer advancement opportunities.
- Comfort Hospice has 27 locations across the U.S. and we are growing. This growth creates additional advancement opportunities for strong performers.
- We provide an innovative healthcare environment offering a clinical ladder.
- Comfort is founded firmly on five pillars of excellence: People, Service, Quality, Finance, and Growth.
- Our environment offers collaboration and provides tools and programs to enhance our team's ability to provide excellent care.
- Our point-of-care system is state of the art: HomeCare HomeBase.
- Employees have access to referring physicians and other professional resources on a daily basis.
- Inter-disciplinary Team conferences are held regularly to discuss and optimize patient care.
- Our 'Meaningful Memories' program is in development to provide exceptional patient experiences.
services are provided to ensure the spiritual needs and concerns of the hospice patients and family are met. Responsibilities of Pastor (Chaplain) include:
- Provide spiritual counseling to the hospice patients and family and assist the patient and family in evaluating his/her spiritual needs.
- Be an active participant in interdisciplinary group meetings and maintain an open communication with all members of the interdisciplinary group.
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality.
- Attends all mandatory of the skilled nurse in-services and meetings provided by agency.
- A recognized spiritual leader known throughout the community.
- Must be available at all times during operating hours.
- Possesses the mental and physical health necessary to meet the demands of the position.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have satisfactorily passed Agency pre-employment testing and field competency
- Ability to function in any home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of the patient.
- Able to lift, push, and pull light to moderate loads.
- Willing to travel within the local service area to visit home bound patients.
Pastor, Confessor, Minister, Catholic Priest, Priest, Rector, Children's Minister, Children's Pastor, College Chaplain, Evangelism Pastor
A little about us:
Our mission is to provide high quality, compassionate and cost-effective care to our patients through clinical leadership, outcomes management and maintaining an ethical workplace.