The World of Warcraft (WoW) team is looking for a highly experienced lead character artist.
Your challenge is to help one of the most talented art teams in the world bring the mighty heroes of Azeroth to players. We've been fostering epic experiences for over 10 years, and your goal is to help expand and build new characters, creatures, armor sets, and weapons that will excite our players!
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience with hand painted art styles and character art leadership on one or more AAA games. You'll be part of a team just as excited as you are about crafting one of the largest and deepest games ever made, and together we'll make World of Warcraft.Responsibilities
- Drive the visual creation of the characters, creatures, armor sets, weapons, and mounts.
- Create character concept paintings, models, textures, and other benchmark assets.
- Partner with the senior art director and lead designers to plan and execute the world design.
- Provide day to day direction for the environment art team. This includes painting over screen captures, manipulating 3D models, and painting textures.
- Provide guidance during creative discussions with design and art leads.
- Make decisions that keeps the production moving forward.
- Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business needs.
- Partner with art management to ensure team is healthy and strong.
- Work closely with game design to ensure art enhances the player experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in art leadership positions
- Able to create original concept artwork that explores a wide variety of ideas
- High level of experience creating hand painted textures or equivalent experience in illustration
- Understand 3D production software such as Max or Maya
- Understand real-time game development needs
- Able to identify, mentor and grow talent
- Able to explore a wide variety of ideas that push the WoW style
- Extensively played WoW
- Extensive leadership experience
- Expert understanding of Max or Maya
- Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- An art test might be required if the work presented doesn't adequately demonstrate a similar style to Wow.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.