The World of Warcraft (WoW) team is looking for an experienced character artist. A character artist on the World of Warcraft team is responsible for bringing to life new characters, creatures, armor sets, and weapons to the world of Azeroth. The position requires a strong sense of anatomy, design, and color theory mixed with video game art production methods.
The idea candidate has experience with hand painted styles and created character art for one or more AAA games. You'll be a part of a collective team that is just as passionate as you are developing and shaping one of the deepest and largest games ever.Responsibilities
- Create concept art for characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons, and other assets.
- 3D model characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons, and other assets.
- Texture characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons, and other assets.
- Create assets that fit within the World of Warcraft style.
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists.
- Communicate with production, art management, and other departments.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in game development concept, modeling, and texturing of characters using 3DS Max, 3D Coat, and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Able to create original concept artwork that explores a wide variety of ideas
- An exceptional understanding of anatomy
- A good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating hand painted texture maps
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Understanding of the distinctive Blizzard Entertainment visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- Extensively played WoW
- Extensive leadership experience
- Expert understanding of 3DS Max or Maya
Required Application Materials
- Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog or online album. Physical media will not be accepted
- An art test might be required if the work presented doesn't adequately demonstrate a similar style to Wow
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.