Kerrigan, Zerg, Arthas, Pandaren, Protoss; these are just a few of the memorable creatures and characters that inhabit our worlds. Our talented artists put their heart and soul into bringing these unique and visually stunning characters to life, and their ranks are growing. The Overwatch team, Blizzard Entertainment's highly-acclaimed first person shooter, is seeking a character artist ready to step up and help us create a menagerie of unique heroes, creatures, and constructs for this groundbreaking new universe!
Your passion as an artist and a gamer will drive you into the thick of development. Exceptional understanding of anatomy, form, and color will allow you to work side-by-side with concept artists and animators breathing life into the dynamic world of Overwatch. Your experience as a gamer will come in handy as you jam on new game-play concepts with designers, ensuring your next badass creation plays as good as it looks.
In short, you'll be part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers, and designers whose sole goal is to make Overwatch a compelling and immersive game experience.
Sound fun? If you're up to the challenge of helping realize the next epic Blizzard title, we want to hear from you! Responsibilities
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets.
- Couple hand painted textures and next-gen materials for use in game engine.
- Iterate on game assets with production artists via prototyping and group critiques.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in game development as an artist specializing in character / organic modeling using Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, or Mudbox.
- Exceptional understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level
- A passion for video games
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay oriented goals
- Skill in one or more related disciplines - illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a character artist
- Cover Letter is required
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.