The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
The Charge Entry Specialist is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides billing and coding expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Receives and reviews charge documents from the clinic.
• Ensures charge information provided is correct and accurate.
• Balances Charge Summary to tickets keyed before updating charges.
• Keeps supervisor apprised of matters regarding charge entry.
• Bills and enters charges in a timely manner in a high volume setting.
This position requires knowlege of the following:
• Knowledge of Medic and CORE systems.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Basic knowledge of coding.
• Skill in organization.
• Knowledge of specialty medical practices.
• Ability to read and understand an EOB.
EDUCATION - An associate or bachelors degree in business or related field is preferred.
EXPERIENCE - One to two years of billing, coding, or charge entry experience in the health care field is required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom