The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
This is a PRN opportunity.
The Charge Entry Specialist is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides billing and coding expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- Receives and reviews charge documents for accuracy and enters charges into practice management system.
- Balances Charge Summary to tickets keyed before updating charges
- Works with A/R and payers on denials/rejections.
- Extracts information from medical records, operative notes, hospital admissions, consults, progress notes and discharges.
- Coordinates with front office staff on payment/billing issues.
- Identifies quality issues with registration and scheduling activities.
- Perform other duties as required
- Must read and understand and adhere to all Physician Services policies and procedures
- Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skill with co-workers, physicians and patients
- Knowledge of CORE systems, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical coding
- Familiar with third party billing requirements and payment policies.
- Organization skills and ability to read Explanation of Benefits/Remittance Advice
One to two years of coding, billing and charge entry experience in the health care field is required.