Parallon pioneered the modern-day concept of healthcare shared services more than 12 years ago, perfecting revenue cycle management best practices and customizable technologies for the industry's largest healthcare provider in 700 facilities and 1000 physician practices. Today, our team of more than 13,000 revenue cycle professionals applies unmatched expertise, scale and proven processes daily to improve financial performance and long-term sustainability at facilities nationwide.
The Charge Master Specialist is primarily responsible for maintaining the Charge Master and related processes. This individual will collaborate with PAS, Columbia Patient Care System and IT&S staff to improve and streamline processes used in all aspects of patient charges. The objective is to ensure efficient, accurate and timely capture and processing of all appropriate patient charges. This individual will work directly with outside vendors to conduct monthly Charge Master reviews, ensuring recommendations comply with Federal guidelines and implementing appropriate changes. As part of this role, this individual must demonstrate strong commitment to stakeholder relationships by taking ownership of issues and facilitating effective outcomes in a timely manner.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Maintain the Charge Master and related processes
• Assist with evaluation of current charge mechanisms and systems (e.g. OR module, Smart, Accudose,
Pyxis, OEP) to assess efficiency and effectiveness of charge capture
• Implement electronic audit trail for Charge Master changes, additions and deletions
• Analyze Charge Master statistics on monthly basis and perform associated analyses
• Perform periodic audits to compare CPT billed, documented and coded
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies,
procedures and systems
• Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate
properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
• Associate's Degree required, preferably in a healthcare field
• Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement
• Minimum 3 years experience
• Chart/Bill audit experience preferred but not required
• Understanding of billing, reimbursement, compliance and CPT background preferred
• Knowledge and experience with Columbia Patient Care System, Patient Accounting, Collections and
Smart a plus
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Lack of information can delay the application process, and therefore applicants should be thorough in completing the online application.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom