TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus - 2yr exp required - HCA employees not eligible Charge Nurse (RN) - Adult Emergency Department - FT Nights
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success! The Emergency Department at Centennial Medical Center:
Centennial Medical Center
- Certified Chest Pain Center
- Certified Advanced Stroke Center
- Separate dedicated Emergency Departments for Pediatrics and OB/GYN
- Telemedicine Technology
- Airstrip Cardiology
- Access to tertiary services of HCA's flagship hospital including advanced treatments in Cardiovascular, Orthopedics, Neurology, Surgical Services, Behavioral Health, Wound Care, Plastics, General Medicine and Cancer Services.
is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) - Adult Emergency Department
- Under the general supervision of the unit's Manager or designee, the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts.
- In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Holds current and active State of Tennessee Registered Nurse license
- Clinical practice experience in the clinical specialty of his/her unit
- Minimum of one year experience as Registered Nurse
- Current BLS Certification
- Current ACLS Certification
- Current PALS Certification
- Specialty Certification preferred
ARMY MOS - 66W or 66N
Air Force AFSC - 46NX and 46FX