Your RN experience could earn you a sign-on bonus! Apply online today! Blake Medical Center is seeking a compassionate Charge RN to join our Inpatient Rehabilitation family. Apply online today! Blake Medical Center
is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our Internal Medicine Residency Training Program will formally begin in July of 2016, allowing us to accept and teach resident physicians at our hospital. Blake is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees' health. Also, our Florida community, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, ranks No. 3 overall and No. 1 in financial well-being on the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index®.
Our 28-bed Inpatient Rehab Unit provides superior inpatient rehabilitative care in the setting of Blake Medical Center. This unit is the area's first and only comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation center.
Make excellence your goal by joining Blake Medical Center. We are seeking only the very best talent to add to our team. Apply online now! Qualifications: Education
- Average length of stay for patients: 2 weeks
- The Inpatient Rehab Unit hosts a variety of patient diagnoses including: Neurosurgery, Neurological Disorders (including Parkinson's and Multiple Sclerosis) , Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury, Multiple Trauma, Fractures, Limb amputations, Orthopedics, and medically complex conditions.
- Services Provided: Three Physiatrists round on patients daily; each patient is scheduled for rehab treatments including PT/OT/SLP (as applicable).
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred.
Experience / Skills
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required
- Current Functional Independence Measure (FIM) tool certification preferred
- Unit Specialty/National Certification (CRRN) preferred (required within 6 months of hire)
- Minimum two years acute care RN experience preferred; prior Med/Surg and/or Skilled/Rehab/LTAC experience desired
- Prior Management/Supervisory experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Prior HCA/Meditech experience desired.
- Strong work ethic and team player attitude desired.
- Prior Burn experience desired, but not required.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom