TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN Charge Nurse (RN) - 4 Tower - Medical/Surgical - FT Nights
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success! 4 Tower
is an acute care unit that provides medical and surgical care of the adult, adolescent and geriatric patient. Patients are received through various entry points including patient registration, the Emergency Department, PACU, physician's offices and from the critical care units.
Types of patients requiring care (diagnostic and therapeutic modalities):
Centennial Medical Center
- Vascular Surgery
- GI Surgery
- Renal Transplantation
- Urological Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Head/Neck Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- General Surgery
- General Medical
is currently looking for a Charge Nurse
(RN) - 4 Tower - Medical/Surgical. Responsibilities:
- Under the general supervision of the unit's Manager or designee, the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts.
- In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Holds current and active State of Tennessee Registered Nurse license
- Clinical practice experience in the clinical specialty of his/her unit
- Current BLS Certification
- Nursing Preceptor Workshop attendance prior to assuming Charge role
- Charge Nurse Workshop attendance within one year of assuming Charge role
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom