TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN Registered Nurse (RN) - 7 Tower - Medical/Surgical - FT Days
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success! 7 Tower - Medical/Surgical
is an acute care unit that provides medical surgical care for the adult, adolescent and geriatric patient. The Emergency Department, PACU, Physicians' Offices, Critical Care Units and Patient Registration are all entry points for patients admitted.
Primary Services for patients admitted to 7 Tower Medical includes but are not limited to the following diagnoses:
Centennial Medical Center
- Renal Failure
- Nutritional/Miscellaneous Metabolic Disorders (greater than age 17)
- Endocrine Disorders
- Connective Tissue Disorders
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Respiratory Conditions
- Gastrointestinal Medical conditions
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Management of Patients with radiation implants
- Management of toxicities related to radiation therapy
- CVA or suspected stroke syndromes
is currently looking for a Charge Nurse - 7 Tower - Medical/Surgical. Responsibilities:
- Supports the facility's Standards of Performance and ICARE values.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars/professional development as requested by manager.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and other governing bodies such as Joint Commission to include licensure and certifications.
- Observes and abides by established safety practices. .
- Ensures accuracy and completeness work.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures involved in performing job duties.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patient, guest, physicians, and other employees
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Holds current and active State of Tennessee or other compact state Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification required
- NIH Stroke Scale certification within 6 months of being in position.
- May obtain ACLS certification, but not required
- Clinical practice experience in the clinical specialty of his/her unit
- Charge Nurse Workshop attendance within one year of assuming Charge role
- Medical/Surgical certification through ANCC expected after 2 years of RN experience and/or 1 year in Charge Nurse role