TriStar Centennial Medical Center Nashville, TN Charge Nurse (RN) Sarah Cannon Cancer Center 4 North Surgical Step-Down - FT Weekends $10K Sign-On Bonus!!!*
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success! The 4 North Post Surgical Thoracic/GI Oncology floor at Sarah Cannon
is a 27 bed unit, specially designed to offer an intimate environment, focused on healing and hope. Our team of specialists includes oncologists, surgeons, interventional radiologists, imaging technologists and a nurse navigator put together to provide comprehensive, patient-centered GI and Thoracic care. The Complex GI Program
offers cutting edge radioembolization treatments such as Selective Internal Radiation Therapy, Chemo-embolization and Radio Frequency Ablation among others such as: Esophageal and Gastric Malignancies Retroperitoneal Sarcomas Complex Colon and Rectal Pancreatic Carcinom Hepatobiliary Carcinomas Neuroendocrine Tumors The Thoracic Surgery Program
offers procedures to treat diseases of the lung and esophagus including lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease(COPD), lung failure, esophageal cancer, Barrett's esophagus, achalasia, thoracic outlet syndrome and hyperhidrosis. Common procedures include: Complex thoracic lung surgery Minimally invasive lung surgery Thoracic aneurysm Thoracotomy Sternal reconstruction
Centennial Medical Center
is currently looking for a Charge Nurse
(RN) 4 North Post Surgical Thoracic/GI Oncology. Responsibilities:
- Under the general supervision of the unit's Manager or designee, the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts.
- In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Holds current and active State of Tennessee Registered Nurse license
- Clinical practice experience in the clinical specialty of his/her unit
- Current BLS Certification
- Nursing Preceptor Workshop attendance prior to assuming Charge role
- Charge Nurse Workshop attendance within one year of assuming Charge role
* Bonus-eligible candidates must meet the above requirements and may not be a current employee of HCA.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom