Valley Regional Medical Center - Brownsville, TX
An HCA Affiliated Hospital Charge Nurse (RN) - Progressive Care Unit (PCU).
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center
proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley. Valley Regional Medical Center
is a 214-Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
Valley Regional Medical Center
- 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
- Open Heart Surgery
- Women's Services
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Wound Care Center
is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN)
for Progressive Care Unit (PCU).
Intermediate Care Unit, IMCU, IMU, Step-down unit, transitional care unit, telemetry unit, long term care RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the competency validation checklist(s).
- Demonstrates age specific knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients.
- Ensures the privacy of our patient and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals/objectives as listed on the Performance Management Plan.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Promotes and exhibits teamwork.
- Completes mandatory education.
- Complies with hospital policies/procedures and patient safety initiatives.
We offer a generous compensation package including:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- BSN recommended
- Current TX RN Licensure
- BCLS required
- ACLS required
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts,
along with other voluntary benefit options and programs Come make a difference - Apply Online Now!
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom