As one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
CHARGE NURSE SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- 33 Beds
- Trauma Designated
- Spine Surgery
- Women's Health Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Responsible for clinical supervision of the unit on a shift by shift basis.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, with members of the healthcare team and patients and their significant others.
- Promotes customer satisfaction (patients, visitors, physicians and staff).
- Advances cost effective clinical operations including supply management and clinical utilization.
- Actively participates in safety and quality initiatives on the unit. Supports continual survey readiness of the unit.
- Role models professional and clinical leadership on the unit.
- Demonstrates awareness of self-learning needs and pursues personal professional growth through continuing education, participation in a professional organization and inservices.
Required - One year of current experience in nursing in which leadership and management abilities have been demonstrated. EDUCATION
Required - Current Virginia State licensure by the State Board of Nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse
Preferred - BSN
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom