We are seeking a Charge Nurse (RN) to join the Women's Health Unit at Johnston-Willis Hospital.
The Women's Health Unit at Johnston-Willis Hospital is a 15 bed gynecological medical surgical unit. Most of our patients are post-operative surgical, with 50% of the unit made up of gynecological oncology patients. The robotics program on the unit is robust; we are proud that Johnston-Willis Hospital has been named a da Vinci Center of Excellence.
Our compassionate and committed Registered Nurses are skilled in caring for patients who are experiencing women's health conditions and who are undergoing or recovering from both surgical and non-invasive procedural procedures. Our patients' average length of stay is 4 days. The pace on the unit is fast; on a typical day we might start with 15 patients, discharge 10, and get 10 more in from the OR that same day. Patient nurse ratio is 4:1 on the unit.
The Women's Health clinical team consists of a mix of new graduates who have completed our renowned StaRN Nurse Residency Program and who are still in orientation, to tenured nurses who have been on the unit 30 years. The environment is very supportive and team-oriented, one where our nurses and physicians work together closely to assure our patients' care is exemplary.
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we have been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years, which means our patients can depend on our experience to provide the exceptional care they need. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in addition to inpatient rehabilitation such as cancer care - through the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital, our ER which is a state-authorized level III trauma center, and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center. The Charge Nurse in Women's Health/Oncology will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. The Charge Nurse:
- Provides clinical supervision of the unit on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, with members of the healthcare team and patients and their significant others.
- Promotes customer satisfaction (patients, visitors, physicians and staff).
- Advances cost effective clinical operations including supply management and clinical utilization.
- Actively participates in safety and quality initiatives on the unit. Supports continual survey readiness of the unit.
- Role models professional and clinical leadership on the unit.
- Demonstrates awareness of self-learning needs and pursues personal professional growth through contin uing education, participation in a professional organizations and inservices.
Diploma or Associates Degree from an accredited nursing program (required)
BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred) LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required) EXPERIENCE:
One year of current experience in nursing in which leadership and management abilities have been demonstrated (required)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom