Del Sol Medical Center is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
The purpose of the Charge Nurse position is to assist the Nurse Director in providing nursing leadership to the nursing unit. Provides feedback to the Nurse Director regarding patient care, budgetary, and strategic planning opportunities for improvement.
1. Clinical Role Model - Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
2. Leadership - Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff.
3. Administrative - Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit.
4. Customer Service - Demonstrates awareness of his/her unique position and method of dealing with customers. Continuously strives to exceed customer's needs.
5. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
• Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
• Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
• BCLS certification.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
• Acute care experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician's orders.
• Knowledge of body substance isolation.
• Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom