For more than three decades, Sunrise Children's Hospital in Las Vegas has been Nevada's largest, most comprehensive children's hospital dedicated to caring for infants, children, adolescents and expectant mothers. As the leading neonatal, pediatric, and maternal provider in the region, we partner with physicians and hospitals throughout the Southwest to offer the most comprehensive and advanced health programs as well as access to sub-specialties.
Charge Registered Nurse Critical Care - Neonatal ICU - Full Time Nights
The Charge Nurse supervises nursing service activities in assigned nursing unit for the duration of the assigned shift or in the absence of nursing management. The task and responsibilities of this position include:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Participates actively in the planning and distribution of patient assignments.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient condition.
- Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the following shift of nursing personnel.
- Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada EDUCATION:
G raduate of Accredited School of Nursing KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Basic computer and hospital informatics skills required.
Specialty Certification where required; example: Chemotherapy; ACLS; PALS.
Complies with hospital employee health, infection control and safety management programs EXPERIENCE:
Current acute clinical care experience preferred; Minimum of 6 months to 1year experience required LICENSURE:
Current Nevada license to practice Nursing. Independently maintains license. Acquires required contact hours to maintain practice
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom