When you join the Ocala Health organization, you are among a dedicated group of healthcare providers who take great pride in serving the greater Ocala-Marion County community. We are dedicated to quality, safety and integrity, and feel a true sense of responsibility for every family member, friend and neighbor in our care. Add all of this to our unique North Central Florida lifestyle, and you've got a winning work/life combination!
The Charge RN for Critical Care in collaboration with the Critical Care Director create a common vision to facilitate continuous quality improvement in the delivery of patient care in support of the organization's mission and vision.
The Critical Care Charge RN in collaboration with the Critical Care Nursing Director assume the role of leader in planning, organizing, coaching and facilitating their intraoperative department functions and staff to assure quality service on a twenty-four (24) hour basis. The Charge RN and the Critical Care Director are responsible for meeting JCAHO Standards, complying with the organization's policy and procedures, for managing supplies and equipment on their unit(s), for promoting teamwork with physicians and all health care providers, for promoting internal and external customer satisfaction, and for appropriate resource management.
The Charge RN has the direct-line responsibility for day to day operations and overall responsibility for the Intensive Care department, insuring that all staff has effective management, good communication and appropriate discipline. The e Charge RN is responsible for the implementation and evaluation of all nursing care and related activities. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.Qualifications:
- Current license as a Registered Nurse to practice in the State of Florida
- BLS - Healthcare provider on hire (American Heart Association)
- ACLS Certification on hire or within 90 days from hire or transfer
- PALS Certification on hire or within 6 months form hire or transfer
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification must be complete within 90 days of hire
- Trauma Nursing Core Course certification (TNCC) desired
- Education: Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing-BSN Preferred, Master's Degree Preferred
- Recent experience in Critical Care with at least two years of experience in a nursing leadership position preferred.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer
- Special qualifications: Effective communication skills; both orally and written, with flexible interpersonal skills to facilitate the exchange of information within all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively read, write and speak fluent English. Computer skills needed. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong organizational and problem solving skills. Creative and innovative skills in personnel management and ability to facilitate growth and development of department and staff.
An EEO/AA Employer
Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom