Bayshore Medical Center - Pasadena, TX Charge Nurse (RN) - Geriatrics
Nestled in the heart of the historic land where Texas won its independence, Bayshore Medical Center
offers comfort, convenience, excellence and expertise to our neighbors who trust their health care to us.
For nearly 50 years, we have offered patients solace and security through constant, compassionate communication during their medical emergencies, surgeries, and diagnostic procedures. As a 345-bed facility, we employ 1,500 staff and 250 physicians.Bayshore Medical Center
is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) - Geriatrics. Responsibilities:
- The Charge Nurse coordinates nursing care on the unit through staff assignments, assisting/rounding with physicians, coordinating patient orders, communicating with ancillary departments and assisting staff.
- Coordinates nursing care for the patient and participates in patient / family education.
- Works collaboratively with ancillary staff and other patient care personnel in maintaining standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Participates in performance improvement activities to improve patient safety and quality of care.
- Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers.
- Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment.
- Fulfills departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of Bayshore Medical Center.
- This position will be located in and around the Inpatient Behavioral Health Services Department and the Hospital facilities.
- There is some hazard potential per possibility of physical acting out behavior of patients and health related communicable diseases, some assistance may be required in assisting patients with physical hygiene.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas is required.
- BLS certification required.
- Certification in Psychiatric Nursing preferred.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing is required. BSN preferred.
- Experience in psychiatric nursing preferred.
- Ability to exercise self-control in potentially volatile situations such as being verbally or physically confronted in a threatening or aggressive manner; must be able to work and concentrate amidst distractions such as noise, conversation and foot traffic; ability to handle interruptions often and be able to move from one task to another; must be flexible and not easily frustrated in dealing with differences of opinions.
- Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.