Park Plaza Hospital - Houston, Texas Charge Nurse (RN) - Endoscopy
. Park Plaza Hospital
is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) - Endoscopy. Responsibilities:
- The Charge Nurse is a registered nurse responsible for the daily operational aspects of the unit, and assists the Director of Surgical Services in the achievement of the service goals and objectives.
- The position encompasses human resource management, including recommending sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care; financial and clinical management, and the provision and development of professional leadership.
- The Charge Nurse establishes departmental goals and objectives that ensure high quality, cost-effective patient care, while working collaboratively to integrate the goals of the their unit with those of the Surgical Service and Park Plaza Hospital.
- The philosophy of continuous quality improvement (CQI) is integrated by the Charge Nurse into all ongoing operations and activities of the department.
- The Charge Nurse functions in the role of expert clinical practitioner, educator, consultant, researcher, and administrator/leader.
- Incorporated within each of these functions are those of role model, patient advocate, change agent, and cost-effective practitioner.
- The position demonstrates acquired expertise through innovative, comprehensive, and high-quality performance in operation of assigned unit and nursing care provided.
- He/she is responsible and accountable for the development and application of standards and research to enhance the quality of care to the patient, their significant others, communities, and potential consumers in need of unit service or nursing care.
- The ultimate goal of the position is the improvement of unit operations, patient care and patient outcomes.
- The Charge Nurse is expected to provide scheduled and/or relief staffing within their unit, and to apply knowledge of the principles of growth and development to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant/child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred
- Two years (2) years recent clinical experience in nursing.
- One (1) years of progressive nursing management experience, preferred
- Endo experience required.
- Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS from the American Heart Association preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom