FT Nights, E/O weekend
Accountable for clinical and operational functions of an assigned unit. Assumes the responsibility of managing the department's activities in the absence of the Clinical Coordinator and Director. Collaborates with team members to ensure the delivery of quality care in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of CMC. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Accepts accountability for managing and overseeing staff roles on unit.
- Coordinates patient assignments within the unit according to acuity, skill mix and staff availability.
- Assists in identifying and addressing educational needs of the unit.
- Participates and directs patient care conferences, addressing such issues as patient discharge needs.
- Keeps informed of patient condition changes, making appropriate clinical decisions.
- Accountable for orders, assuring that they are appropriate and carried out in a timely manner.
- Maintains regulatory agency requirements.
- Participates and cooperates in unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
A. Core Competencies :
- Service: Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers; responds to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions for all patient/customer expectations
- Quality/Ethics/Integrity: Seeks opportunities for improvement; prevents small problems from becoming large ones; pays attention to detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of his/her work
- Relationships: Builds effective working relationships; finds and provides information to clarify situations; expands on original ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team members' goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to differing cultural views and needs
- Adaptability: Seeks to understand changes in work tasks/processes; actively seeks information about new tasks/processes; treats change and new tasks/processes as opportunities for learning and personal growth; speaks positively about changes to others; quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with change
- Job Specific : As defined in department specific competencies
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- State of Georgia RN License required
- BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required
- ACLS required
- HCA Charge Nurse Leadership Certification preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Read and write basic English
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
- Must pass a Basic Arrhythmia recognition test within 90 days of hire.
The Cardiovascular Stepdown Unit is a 31 bed unit that provides intermediate level care to the adult patient. All beds have remote and/or bedside telemetry capabilities. CVU is designed for cardiovascular patients who do not require the level of monitoring provided by the intensive care units, but require a higher level of monitoring than provided on the medical-surgical units. The patient population includes a variety of cardiovascular diagnosis that may need continuous monitoring of their cardiovascular status, pre and post-surgical patients, and patients undergoing diagnostic evaluation. COMPETENCIES:
The competencies identified for this position are summarized and reviewed periodically throughout employment. The required behaviors and measurement associated with core, job specific, age specific, and management (if applicable) competencies are maintained in the department education file.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom