Clear Lake Regional Medical Center - Webster, TX Charge Nurse (RN) - Operating Room Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
, a 610-bed facility in the heart of Bay Area Houston, was founded in 1972. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life. From fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, we ensure Bay Area residents receive the best available healthcare in their own community. Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
is looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) - Operating Room. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care in the Operating Room.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the Operating Room and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Functions as the charge nurse on the assigned shift.
- Communicates with the Nurse Director, Nurse Manager and Administrator-on-Site (AOS) regarding patient care, staff conflicts and unusual occurrences.
- Assists in ensuring supplies and equipment are available for use.
- Displays positive customer service behaviors and maintains a customer friendly atmosphere.
- Performs assessments on patients within appropriate timeframes.
- Assists physicians with insertion of central venous catheter or other venous access devices, as needed. Draws blood from venous lines.
- Uses special feeding tubes (gastrostomy, nasogastric, and jejunostomy).
- Models and reinforces behaviors consistent with goals for teaching the medical patient, communicates patient status to appropriate member of the healthcare team and provides support to the family, as needed. Responsible for assessment of patients with telemetry monitoring. Acts as clinical resource for the staff.
- Minimum of one (1) year current/recent charge nurse experience, with one (1) year of previous Operating Room experience required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Current TX Licensure as an RN.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- CNOR Preferred.